Norm CHILDRESS is an EXPERIENCED PROVEN LEADER!
Experience: I am confident that my experience has given me the tools needed to hit the ground running and be a strong Yakima County Commissioner. Yakima County will have a new Sherriff (retiring), a new Public Works Director (retired), a new Engineering Services Manager (retired) and possibly a new Coroner (election) and Clerk (election).
Yakima County has three commissioners– one experienced commissioner, one relatively new commissioner and the third is retiring.
You need a leader with my ability and experience. I am already making some of the same decisions the commissioners make every day. I have done so for many years successfully. I work with and have worked with the same people and agencies the current commissioners deal with now. I know what to expect and I will get the job done. I am a team player ready to work together on common goals. For more details regarding my experience visit my About Norm page.
Norm CHILDRESS KNOWS COUNTY INFRASTRUCTURE!
Professional: 37 Years Benton County Public Works Department – Retired Engineering Services Manager
I worked closely with Benton County Commissioners regarding transportation issues. I attended many commissioner meetings making public presentations to commissioners, staff and citizens.
Annually I worked on the county’s six-year transportation plan. I contributed to the transportation component of the county’s Comprehensive Plan.
Every year I helped prepare the County Public Works Department budget. I applied for and managed millions of dollars in funding for transportation projects.
The department I managed was responsible for roadway access management among other things. Thousands of permits for right of way encroachment and utility crossings were issued and approved under my direction. I helped lots of people get things done.
In my 37 years at Benton County, I had opportunities to work with most department heads and elected officials.
Norm CHILDRESS GETS THINGS DONE!
Public Service : City of Grandview Planning Commission 2 years – 1990 to 1992 – Land use issues
Elected: City of Grandview City Council 12 years – 1992 to 2004 – City business
Elected: City of Grandview Mayor 14 years – 2004 to Current – City business, personnel issues, and general leadership.
In Grandview I have served my community as an elected official for 26 years. In that time I have been a part of many great improvements to my community. We have a great team.
• Walmart Distribution Center – 700 good paying jobs
• New community/senior center – Serving youth and seniors
• New joint City/YVC campus library – A great partnership filling needs for a community and college library.
• Downtown Alive project – Downtown revitalization to encourage retail and commercial development.
• Landscape improvements to our city entrances – First impressions are important.
• Many water, sewer and street projects to support our successful port district – lots of jobs created.
• Swimming pool improvements – Supporting our great Parks and Rec department. Quality of life is important.
• Major waste water treatment plant improvements – Supports new and existing Ag processors.
• Miles of residential street and sidewalk projects – Our neighborhoods are important to us.
• New Museum – Preserving our proud history.
• Over the years, I have volunteered for countless events and civic projects.
Norm CHILDRESS IS FISCALLY RESPONSIBLE!
As the strong mayor of the third largest city in Yakima County I serve as CEO. I am responsible for presenting an annual balanced budget to the city council for their approval and adoption. I have done that every year I have been mayor.
Our spending policies and procedures have received high marks and passed all inspections from auditors while I have been elected. We continue to provide great services and are moving forward with needed projects for our citizens while maintaining the budget and reserve funding goals.
“Believe me, I haven’t done it by myself but I’ve been there to lead every step of the way.”
VOTE NORM CHILDRESS for Yakima County Commissioner Dist 3 R
Paid for by Childress For Commissioner – R – P.O. Box 991 – Grandview, WA 98930